Earliest Known Burton, Brown and Dawson Ancestors: married (marriage date unknown, first child baptised 1784 Market Harborough, Leics.) Richard and Eleanor's third son John (baptised 1788 Market Harborough) married 's daughter Amy (baptised 1795 Caldecott, Rutland) in 1818 at Caldecott. Descent is via their daughter, Eleanor Mary (baptised 1823 Caldecott) who married Amos Bell in 1849 at Great Oakley, Northants. See Bell Pedigree for more.
Amy is baptised to Matthew Brown and Mary. Nothing more is known about Mary's parents. Amy is a widow, 56, proprietress of lands in Great Easton in the 1851 census, not found in 1881. Matthew Brown's marriage is listed on the Rutland Marriages index for 1794 at Caldecott. His bride's name is given as Mary Brown!
Note that the Name Burton crops up earlier in my tree, but I have not yet established a connection.
1. Look for John Burton and Amy Brown's marriage licence details
2. Confirm burial entries found on LRFHS CD for Richard, John & Amy Burton (Looks like the wrong John - see 5 below)
3. Look for Richard Burton and Eleanor Dawson's marriage, not found in Market Harborough.
4. Look up Matthew Brown and Mary's marriage in Caldecott PRs.
5. Look for Matthew and Mary Brown's baptisms at Caldecott.
6. Find John Burton's death (Certificate obtained for John aged 55 died at Union Workhouse Great Bowden, Jan 1851 - probably the wrong man)